Let's raise our voices in HOPE!
Hi all! As you probably already know, my husband Paul was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2015 and has since gone through three brain surgeries, 6 weeks of radiation, and now is undergoing chemotherapy with great results. We are excited to help raise money for much needed research.
I'm running this race for Paul. He has been so incredible throughout this brain tumor journey. He rarely complains, has such a great attitude, and takes everything in stride. It means a lot to me that we've had so much support for Paul over the last few years.
Paul's had an amazing care team:
- 2 brain surgeries at Kennestone with our favorite local neurosurgeon Dr. Benedict
- 1 resection surgery by the renowned Dr. Friedmann at Duke
- 6 weeks at Duke for radiation with Dr. Kirkpatrick, also under the oncology care of Dr. Peters
- The volunteers and staff at Duke's Caring House who allowed us to stay on site during radiation
- Chemotherapy since March with the wonderful team of Dr. Dunbar at Piedmont Cancer Center
- Frequent consults with neuro-opthamologist Dr. Weiner
- Awesome friends and family who have supported us financially, emotionally, and spiritually
Please consider donating what you'd spend on your morning coffee or a lunch out. Every little bit helps.
The race will be held on Saturday, September 21st at at Atlantic Station - near downtown Atlanta. GA. It's a 5K run, 1K fun-run/walk and a fundraising event that raises money to support brain tumor research. If you've not participated before, there's no time like the present.
PLEASE KNOW that your participation will have a positive impact on the life of a brain tumor patient because it will help to fund much needed brain tumor research. Sadly, many of us don't realize how scarry a brain tumor diagnosis is until someone we know is told "you have a brain tumor" or "you have brain cancer".
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my request for support. I appreciate it.
Oh, and one more thing, did you know you can double your donation through employer matching programs? Be sure to check with your Human Resources Department to determine if your company will match your donation. If they say yes, you can double your donation with just a few clicks of your mouse.