Do you have a group who wants to get muddy? This is Quacking Good News!
If you want to create a team and become the team captain, click the "Create a Team" box.
If you want to join an existing team, click the "Join a Team" box to search for the team and join the fun!
If you want to learn more about a team, click the "Current Teams" box!
You can also join an existing team during the registration process, just follow the prompts!
Create a fun team name and turn it into your own flock!
- Team Nests: Once you register your team, the team captain will see a question asking if you'd like to reserve a team location inside Central Flock. Central Flock is an amazing place to hang out before and after the Dash. We offer any team a spot to erect their own 10x10ft tent. You can bring your own tent, chairs and food to make your nest your home base!
- Team Spirit Award: Team Tent Spirit Award recognizes the top three teams who display their greatest team tent spirit on Dash Day. Each year we choose three winners based on creativity, unity and enthusiasm. You can dress up in costume, superhero outfits, your favorite Halloween leftover, a goofy duck outfit, formal attire, something silly you design, or wear an outfit in support of a friend or family member in the brain tumor community. As long as you can safely run the Dash, we encourage you to be creative! No track spikes or heels, please! While not required, you can include decorating your tent (if selected) as part of your team spirit. The possibilities are endless! The number of participants is not a factor, we simply look for the team to be energetic! The teams are judged and the winners announced at the DJ booth immediately after the last 5k wave time takes off and just before the Duckling Dash begins at approximately 10:45am.
- Team Fundraiser Award: Top team fundraising awards recognize the top three teams who raise the most money as tallied at 11:59pm EST, the evening before Dash Day. We will take time to recognize your team's achievement and support of the SBTF's mission to find a cure for brain tumors. As team captain, we will give you a moment to speak at Central Flock on behalf of your team if desired. The winners are announced at the DJ booth immediately after the last 5k wave time takes off and just before the Duckling Dash begins at approximately 10:45am.
- Team Packet Pickup: When registering, we offer the option for you to select "team packet pickup." This is a service we offer to teams to help them avoid lines on Dash morning. It eases the process of getting your team ready by having the ducks, swag and all other information for the entire team in one box. This allows ALL registered team members to skip the lines at registration on Dash morning and just meet you to get their items. You do not have to have a tent to choose this option.
- How many people do I need to have to form a team? It can be two or more.
- Do I have to sign each of my team members for the Dash? NO! You can send the Dash Registration page link to the individuals and they can join your team as they complete the registration process. Don't forget to share your team's name so the Flock joins the correct team!
- Can we all be in the same wave? When you share your team's name, don't forget to also share your starting wave time. If they register and that wave time is full, have them pick the closest time to your starting time. Each wave has a limited number of spots, so don't delay in registering!
- Do we have to all be in the same wave? No. Each member of your team can start the Dash at any of the starting wave times.
- Can I check if my team has selected a tent location and/or packet pickup? Yes, check out the list of participating teams.