So what does the Rubber Duck Mean?
All race participants will be provided a rubber duck as part of their race packet. The challenge is to keep up the duck with you at all times during the dash. We joke that your rubber duck is racing – you are just getting it to the finish line! Your duck can only complete the course on your person. Take care of your duck, love it, care for it, and help it get to the finish line! It must be safely in your possession at all times! Make your duck proud!
7:00 AM: The FUN kicks off with Registration Opening, the Duck-o-Rating Table gets ‘quackin and the Team Tent Decorating Begins!
- When you register for the Dash, you will be given a yellow rubber duck at part of your Dash registration either during packet pick up the day before the Dash or on the morning of Dash day.
- We will have a Duck-o-Rating Tent. You can either decorate your duck prior to arriving on Dash Day or you can decorate it at the Dash!
- There will a small craft table set up with paints and markers and participants are encouraged to decorate their duck prior to their assigned heat start time. Paint it, dress it up, Sharpie it, etc.
- If you want to bring you duck along for the Dash, don’t worry! There will be additional ducks at the Duck-O-Rating Tent for you to participate in the contest
- When decorating your duck, your name MUST be clearly and visibly detected on the duck for proper voting!
- Place your decorated duck on the display table for voting. The earlier your duck finds a spot on the table, the better. Ducks will be accepted for the contest until 10am.
- Voting will take place at the tent by those Dash participants that want to join in helping us judge. Only one ballot per Dash participant please!
- The announcement for the best decorated duck will be made after the last 5K Dash wave and before the Duckling Dash begins.
- You must be present to receive you prize and plaque.
- Don’t forget to bring your best creative, Pinterest or Instagram ideas. NOTE: if you want any special items and/or accessories to decorate your duck, please bring those with you, as we will be providing very limited items.