The SBTF all-volunteer Board of Directors consists of passionate people, like you, who are committed to making a difference through their gift of time and talent. Our small but dedicated Board works diligently to achieve the Foundation's goals; among which is to find a cure for brain tumors through the funding of invaluable brain tumor research.
Through the spirit of volunteerism comes the fulfillment of paying-it-forward, and truly making a marked difference. If you would like to join upwards of 100 volunteers who assist us on Race Day, or if you would like to volunteer throughout the year, we'd love to hear from you.
To get involved year round, simply send us an email with your interests and availability. We will contact you to discuss opportunities for you to become a Voice of Hope with the SBTF.
To volunteer at the Race for Research this year, register as a VOLUNTEER participant! You'll be able to indicate your preferred volunteer position during registration. Check out the example list of volunteer positions below!
HEALTH & SAFETY NOTE: out of an abundance of caution, Race For Research race day volunteers will be in adherence with recommended outdoor social distancing guidelines. Race participants and volunteers will not be required to mask but have the option to do so at their own discretion.
Click the VOLUNTEER button to get registered today.
Help us honor those who are touched by brain tumors through your involvement as an SBTF volunteer.
With Many Thanks,
SBTF Staff and the Volunteer Committee
Race for Research Volunteer Positions:
- Parking Attendant (Adult volunteer role to direct people to parking areas. Signage, safety vests and safety flags provided.)
- Kids's Activities (Help with kids activities such as coloring, apply temporary tattoos, etc.)
- Water Station (We will drive you to the station and you will prepare cups for runners and distribute as they pass the station. You will keep the area tidy and pick up discarded cups. (Note: You may get wet.) After all participants have passed the station you will close the water jugs, pick up loose trash and walk back to the Race start line. All jugs/trash/supplies will be picked up by the SBTF after the conclusion of the event.)
- Finish Line Water & Food Station (Volunteers will be asked to refill and restock tubs with bottled water and ice. Volunteers will be asked to assist with set up of finish-line food (fruit, bars, etc) and asked to help distribute the food. After all participants have crossed the finish line, volunteers will assist in packing up remaining food and returning to the volunteer table.)
- Registration Table (From 6-7:30am volunteers will help manage the lines at registration, hand out bibs and shirts and assist with on-site needs. Once the Race begins, registration volunteers will be asked to help close the registration deck, repack remaining shirts, and return other collaterals to bins at the volunteer desk.)
- Team Concierge (Volunteers distribute team packet boxes, direct participants to the tent area, and answer basic questions. Volunteers will pack up unclaimed team packet boxes and return to volunteer table. Volunteers will judge tents for team spirit using provided ballots.)
- Survivor Tree / Wall of Honor / Bibs (Encourage participants to create "In Honor" and "Survivor" bibs. Inflate balloons for balloon release. Encourage people to post photos and messages on the Wall of Honor and apply butterflies to the Survivor Tree boards. Remind participants to collect personal items at the end of the Race.)
- Volunteer Table (Check in volunteers as they arrive. Provide them with respective equipment and direct them to assigned station. Sign out volunteers once they have completed their assignment and returned equipment.)