The Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation (SBTF) all-volunteer Board of Directors consist of passionate people, like you, who are committed to making a difference through their gift of time and talent. Our small but dedicated Board works diligently to achieve the Foundation's goals; among which is to find a cure for brain tumors through the funding of invaluable brain tumor research.
Through the spirit of volunteerism comes the fulfillment of paying-it-forward, and truly making a marked difference. It takes dozens of volunteers to make the Muddy Duck Dash happen. Help us honor those who are touched by a brain tumor through your involvement as an SBTF volunteer!
What to expect:
- You will be expected to check-in at the volunteer area by the time and day noted during sign-up. Please be on time or early.
- You will receive updates and reminders to the email address entered during sign-up.
- At the start of your scheduled shift, please report to the volunteer table located in Central Flock. You will receive safety instructions, your volunteer t-shirt and instructions for your shift.
- Volunteers are permitted to participate in the Muddy Duck Dash course at the end of the event during an 12:00pm Volunteer start wave. You MUST notify the volunteer coordinator that you wish to participate during this wave. Please be sure to complete your volunteer assignment before returning to the volunteer table to prepare for the volunteer start wave.
- At the end of your shift, please return to the volunteer table.
To get involved, simply click here to register as a volunteer- in the form you may select your area and day of interest. Interested to see what is available? Click to view the volunteer opportunities on Friday and Saturday and then return here to sign up!
PLEASE NOTE: Your volunteer assignment may not be with others in your group unless it is noted on the sign up form. We ask that you please help the staff and make it a smooth event day, by staying with the volunteer assignment for which you signed up. Also, if you cannot make it for any reason, please email Joy Basham at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can fill your spot as soon as possible.
Volunteer Parking & Check-In: Volunteer Check-In is located within Central Flock in the upper level of Lot V. Parking for volunteers is located in the lower level of Lot V. Follow the signs for Volunteer Parking once you near the Dash area at Mathis and Facility Drive. The area for volunteer parking will be blocked off and there will be an officer at the entrance. You will be emailed a parking pass prior to the event and will be asked to either show the pass on your digital device (phone or tablet) or a printed copy to access the lot. Your volunteer pass is for ONE vehicle only and cannot be transferred or duplicated. Click HERE for the parking map.